Service Learning volunteers provide the Friends with guidance, support, and an opportunity for skill-building during Service Learning activities in the community.
The Friends volunteer with across Davidson County. Service Learning allows nonprofits to expand their services to reach more people in need through the Friends’ dedicated volunteer work. At the same time, it also provides a weekly opportunity for the Friends to gain invaluable job skills while expanding their network throughout the community.
- Assisting Friends Life staff at Service Learning sites during Day Program hours (M–F, 8am–5pm) to help ensure each client receives the quality instruction they deserve
- Developing real friendships with our Friends through shared interests and experiences
- Investing in relationships with our Friends to help them achieve greater independence and increase their opportunities for social interactions with others
- Providing opportunities and support for our Friends to work on their individual job skills goals in a safe and encouraging way
- Modeling appropriate social behavior, including eye contact, introductions and greetings, and personal space
- Modeling age-appropriate communication and conversation skills
- Modeling how to appropriately navigate conflict or differences with peers
Before You Apply:
Please download and read our full volunteer job description for Service Learning Volunteers and the specific Service Learning sites where Friends Life currently needs volunteers. Once you have read through the volunteer job description, please complete the form below to apply.