People join Friends Life Community for many different reasons, but the reason that we love it remains the same: Friends Life provides a community of like-minded people with opportunities to grow and thrive.
To become a Friend, call or email us to visit our program. Our Manager of Operations will schedule a tour for the applicant and family member to see the program in action and be able to answer questions.
Each applicant must complete the application process before enrollment to the program. Applicants are required to:
- (a) have a primary diagnosis of intellectual or developmental disability,
- (b) be ambulatory and be able to independently walk up and down stairs and enter and exit transportation vehicles,
- (c) independently feed him/herself and use restroom facilities,
- (d) respond to emergency signals and follow directions, and
- (e) independently respond to verbal and/or written instructions from staff member.
The application and assessment process is required by all applicants to determine eligibility and necessary supports. The total cost of the Application process is $200 and includes two (2) days in the program for assessment and trial. Application fees are non-refundable.
The day program at Friends Life Community is a private pay program. Each Friend pays tuition to participate. Tuition pricing is based on the number of days per week the Friend attends the program and the services being provided.