Day Program volunteers provide crucial peer relationships, social guidance, and an opportunity for skill-building with the Friends during Day Program classes and activities.
- Assisting Friends Life staff in classes and various activities during Day Program hours (M–F, 8am–5pm) to help ensure each client receives the quality instruction they deserve
- Developing real friendships with our Friends through shared interests and experiences
- Investing in relationships with our Friends to help them achieve greater independence and increase their opportunities for social interactions with others
- Providing opportunities and support for our Friends to work on their individual class goals in a safe and encouraging way
- Modeling appropriate social behavior, including eye contact, introductions and greetings, and personal space
- Modeling age-appropriate communication and conversation skills
- Modeling how to appropriately navigate conflict or differences with peers
Before You Apply:
Please download and read our full volunteer job description for Day Program Volunteers. Once you have read through the volunteer job description, please complete the form below to apply.